Translate

Sunday 23 March 2014

Giongi Temple

Today we went to Giongi temple about 6 miles by bicycle after having Canadian pancake breakfast with maple syrup from Canada. Here are some pictures. The cherry and plum blossoms are just starting in Tokyo. The second picture is a tree with some pink blossoms. The last picture is of shrine we stopped at, founded by a Chinese monk who visited India. On the way back we stopped at a second hand shop and 100 yen (dollar) store. We had lunch at a nice sushi bar. It was sunny and warm. Enjoyed bicycling, as I got to see the rice fields and residential area. The temperature was around 20 degrees Celsius. At the temple, I received my first temple stamp. The temple is part of a 33 temple pilgrimage around the Tokyo area. It is not as well known as the 88 temple ohenro. I will have to add this to my bucket list for next time, now that I have my first official temple stamp. Enjoyed the bike ride. A great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment